You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-20 21:24:08

yvonney

[SOLVED] Mail Notification GetLive etc. help request!:-)

Hi....
read with interest the 4 or 5 post about Mail Notification program and GetLive

[OBJECTIVE] to be able to be notified about a couple of gmail accounts and hotmail and pop3 accounts.

[INSTALLS] installed latest Mail Notification pacman - installed latest GeLive Yaourt which installed procmail etc. as well.

[PROBLEM]  Mail notification IS running as icon flashing in top right. message for HOTMAIL account 'Unknown GetLive Error'

And, gmail is working a bit, if I go to mail notification properties and 'update' gmail accounts from there.
There's 2 gmail accounts and I do get the following error though I thought it might be that they're attempting to be checked simultaneously - the error for gmail is:::  'unable to retrieve feed. Generic error'

GMAIL: I also don't see anything about setting ssl port though perhaps this is handled automatically?

- I don't seem to have the .getliverc file anywhere
- I do have getlive.pl in /usr/bin

I think I haven't set anything up yet.

I've enjoyed reading the detailed post I found when I search Getlive on the forum here.

I'm very in the dark as to what to do.

Idea needed...please.

Thank you!

Last edited by yvonney (2008-12-21 01:23:56)

#2 2008-12-20 22:38:07

yvonney

Re: [SOLVED] Mail Notification GetLive etc. help request!:-)

Re-Read all the getlive posts... and found this...
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=58941

going to try the .getliverc aspect

UPDATE COMMENT after ATTEMPT:  still getting the "Unknown GetLive Failure" error.

UPDATE COMMENT No.2:

Reverted back to the arch aur via yaourt version and I now get this:

Logging in.
Logging in.
GetLive died with message: 'There was an error logging in. Please check that your username and password are correct. at /usr/bin/GetLive line 682.

I DID turn of the first 'today' page in hotmail options.
I think that I need the latest version of GetLive though I have to figure out how to avoid terminal complaining about version being diff from installed version.

Last edited by yvonney (2008-12-21 00:34:14)

#3 2008-12-21 01:27:22

yvonney

Re: [SOLVED] Mail Notification GetLive etc. help request!:-)

GOT IT:

after manually creating   .getliverc in my root folder 

and then putting in the config I got the error message as above

well, after reading this.....twice :--)

I realized I should NOT put @hotmail part in the user name in the .getliverc  file   rather JUST the user name BEFORE the @ symbol..

all good now!

and WOW being able to grab, it appears sent emails etc. as well...
nice..!!

happy to have had the benefit of the other getlive and mail notification posts... they're likly to be very useful soon as this can go way up in functionality... I think...

Board footer