You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-14 05:28:18

moonman

IPTables + TC = Headaches

Hey Forum smile
OK, so here's the deal. I've got 1.5TB of storage space, and a 1.5mb/256 Truly unlimited connection, and love downloading stuff.
I've set-up a computer dedicated to downloading stuff (With a web gui ETC) and would like some help with traffic prioritization...

I've given TC a shot myself, but ended up driving myself insane trying to figure it out....
I've given Shorewall a shot, but decided I didn't like it and was too complicated for my liking (IPTables is much better IMHO)
I roughly understand whats going on, but obvousally not enough.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I've got a Arch router with LAN (192.168.69.0/25) and DMZ (192.168.69.128/25) and PPTP Bridged ADSL Modem (PPP0)

I would like to be able to have torrents & Downloads going 100% of the time, and not notice their going. So things like HTTP, DNS, ICMP, HTTPS, MSN, SSH, TELNET are the highest priority inbound and outbound (I have servers in my DMZ serving several things)

Can anyone give me some help/Pointers/good tutorials? I know TC Is what I want, but the documentation/examples I have found have just confused me more :S
I've been trying to get something working for about 3 months (On and off) now, and this is one of the last imperfections in my network...

Thanks in Advance! smile
-- Nathan

#2 2009-07-15 20:20:40

quarkup
Website

Re: IPTables + TC = Headaches

Don't really know what is ETC; but if you need some nice iptables configuration articles,

start with these 2 (iptables full tutorial + blocking bruteforcing with iptables)
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sim … wall_HOWTO (archlinux WIKI)
http://la-samhna.de/library/brutessh.html

If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

#3 2009-07-15 22:51:19

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: IPTables + TC = Headaches

The issue isn't with SSH, iptables or bruteforcing issues.... The problem is how to setup TC to work properly...

Board footer