You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-28 04:06:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Netcfg and DHCP_OPTIONS/IFOPTS

I've been using netcfg, decided to dump wicd as not necessary. This morning when trying to connect to the LAN at my university's engineering labs, the DHCP server wasn't giving me any response so I had to manually use a static IP/DNS/gateway. Anyway, I did this manually using dhcpcd, then figure to create a network profile for it, but couldn't find out from the examples/wiki how to pass options to dhcpcd.

In the end, a google search led me to DHCP_OPTIONS, but also I saw that at some time previously there was a 'complete' example in /etc/network.d/examples, my install doesn't have it though. The wiki doesn't completely document the options for profiles in netcfg, either. Where's the correct place to find out all the possible options and settings for my profiles?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-08-28 04:17:05

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: Netcfg and DHCP_OPTIONS/IFOPTS

Yes, complete.example does appear to have gone missing. I'm not sure why, I haven't been able to find a definitive guide to all the available options.

Board footer