· DO NOT post full resolution screenshots! You can use the "mogrify" command (pacman -S imagemagick) to make a thumbnail of your screenshot:
$ cp screenie.png thumb-screenie.png $ mogrify -resize 250x250 thumb-screenie.png
Sizes Twenty percent of the original size is great for 1024x768 screenies. For bigger sizes (and especially for multi-monitor setups), we ask you to keep in mind not everyone uses broadband, and use an even smaller size (10% of a Full HD setup will still be 192x180, for example). NOTE: Anything wider than 250px or over 50Kb in size will be removed.
You can then upload these images to your server and use the following code to show them on the forum:
*Thanks to Thayer for the screenie (more...)
· Several websites offer free image hosting.
Use the "thumbnail for forums" link code that is supplied by the image host to post your thumbnail link.
· Once the new month begins please do not post new screenies in the old threads.
· If the screenshot has questionable material that might not be safe to view while at work or in a school setting, please post only a link and not a thumbnail, along with a mention of "Not Safe for Work". Posts that do not adhere to this are subject to deletion without notice at any time.
· Please try to include any links to your wallpaper or configs that you may have and/or the names of your icon theme, running apps, DE, etc. in the same post to reduce unnecessary clutter later.
***** Your screenshot will be replaced by a reminder if you do not follow these guidelines *****
* As a simple way to include information about your setup in the screenshot, you can use a tool like Archey, screenfetch or screenfo (all in AUR) to print out details about your window manager, font, shell etc., with a very attractive ASCII Arch logo...
There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !
Here's mine for the August. Though I'm using crunchbang at this time
Apps on display are midori, thunar and deadbeef. GTK+ theme is Zukiwi, Xfwm theme is Kokodi and icons are Faenza Cupertino. Font is droid sans.
Great job Paul! It looks great.
Finally something different from all those tiling WM's with zenburn-like color schemes. I just love the bright colors.
don't be part of the system and throw it on the ground
I'm a big fan of what the guys over at Elementary OS are upto, but i just can't leave arch. So this is my attempt at an even faster, lighter desktop with an EOS feel.
zathura pdf viewer
compton composite manager
-- "There comes a point I'm afraid where you begin to suspect that if there's any real truth, it's that the entire multi-dimensional infinity of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs."
dwm + vim + weechat
I was trying to revive a five year old plugin for weechat, took a screenshot, then switched back to irssi. I don't know why, but I like it much more for no real reason.
^^Could a mod please remove that on principle alone!? It's hurting my eyes.^^
Monsterwm. The first one is with splitter_bar + conky, second is splitter_bar with a simple status line and the last one is with bar. Thanks to firecat53 for helping me to get it to only show the number of open windows in monocle mode like dwm.
Nice wallpaper, share?
^^Could a mod please remove that on principle alone!? It's hurting my eyes.^^n1x4 wrote:
That was a thumbnail, 250x250.... What's with the hate on Windows? That's against the rules right there...
Here's the same as all my other scrots.. 230x230
Last edited by n1x4 (2012-08-03 13:32:14)