You are not logged in.

#26 2013-05-01 23:05:17

faxmanloveswaffles

Re: Need help with Steam! Not launching.

LyCC wrote:

hm, nothing else in the logs? check the /var/log/ maybe writes something helpfull somewhere ... sorry mate, i'm out of ideas sad

Nothing about Steam in there... sad I'm trying more packages and upgrading. If none of that works, goodbye Arch.

#27 2013-05-02 16:41:35

LyCC

faxmanloveswaffles wrote:
LyCC wrote:

hm, nothing else in the logs? check the /var/log/ maybe writes something helpfull somewhere ... sorry mate, i'm out of ideas sad

Nothing about Steam in there... sad I'm trying more packages and upgrading. If none of that works, goodbye Arch.

maybe a longshoot, but do you have the proprietary nvidia driver installed or the free one (namely noaveau)?
I have these installed (easier with a screenshot)
90m.jpg

Last edited by LyCC (2013-05-02 16:43:42)

#28 2013-05-02 21:30:31

0X1A

LyCC wrote:

You have to be doing something wrong. I've installed the steam package on multiple machines with different hardware and have never had a problem.

#29 2013-05-03 00:41:22

ChemBro

LyCC wrote:

Trying more packages? There is only one in the [community].

#30 2013-05-03 00:41:32

faxmanloveswaffles

LyCC wrote:
LyCC wrote:

maybe a longshoot, but do you have the proprietary nvidia driver installed or the free one (namely noaveau)?
I have these installed (easier with a screenshot)
http://www.image-share.com/upload/2179/90m.jpg

I installed everything in that list, which removed any older conflicting drivers, and am reinstalling Steam just in case. Hope this works...

#31 2013-05-03 00:48:03

faxmanloveswaffles

ChemBro wrote:
LyCC wrote:

Referring to the multilibs.

#32 2013-05-03 04:58:28

0X1A

ChemBro wrote:

Steam is a multilib package. In order for steam to run correctly you have to have the multilib version of your graphics card driver. Try uninstalling steam, deleting the .steam in your home directory and reinstalling steam.

Edit: That is, do that after you have installed your drivers and multilib drivers.

Last edited by 0X1A (2013-05-03 04:59:06)

#33 2013-05-03 14:17:37

faxmanloveswaffles

0X1A wrote:
ChemBro wrote:

Steam is a multilib package. In order for steam to run correctly you have to have the multilib version of your graphics card driver. Try uninstalling steam, deleting the .steam in your home directory and reinstalling steam.

Edit: That is, do that after you have installed your drivers and multilib drivers.

As far as I know, I have lib32-nvidia stuff installed.

#34 2013-05-04 15:21:08

faxmanloveswaffles

I never got Steam to work... Ahh well. I'll stick to Linux Mint till I do.

Board footer