My internet is extremely choppy. Every once in a while it will just be really slow or disconnect. However the wifi stays connected. This occurs on my home router (WPA2) and work (WPA2 enterprise). I think it also has a problem on wired, but I haven't been able to try in the past month or two.
ping 18.104.22.168 PING 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=91.7 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=105 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=46.4 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=556 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=5 ttl=47 time=375 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=6 ttl=47 time=44.6 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=7 ttl=47 time=73.8 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=8 ttl=47 time=55.1 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=9 ttl=47 time=59.8 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=10 ttl=47 time=40.4 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=11 ttl=47 time=47.3 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=12 ttl=47 time=207 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=14 ttl=47 time=231 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=13 ttl=47 time=1240 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=15 ttl=47 time=251 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=16 ttl=47 time=308 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=17 ttl=47 time=511 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=18 ttl=47 time=226 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=19 ttl=47 time=63.1 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=20 ttl=47 time=831 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=21 ttl=47 time=194 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=22 ttl=47 time=501 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=23 ttl=47 time=160 ms
# # /etc/hosts: static lookup table for host names # #<ip-address> <hostname.domain.org> <hostname> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost 127.0.0.1 killarch.localdomain killarch ::1 localhost.localdomain localhost # End of file
uname -a Linux killarch 3.8.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 1 20:18:57 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 100 Subsystem: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 100 BGN Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 50 Memory at ddc00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K] Capabilities: <access denied> Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi Kernel modules: iwlwifi
I just tried pinging 126.96.36.199 again and got response times ~<40ms. So it's being really weird. This has been happening in previous kernels as well - since I reinstalled arch again actually which was 3.7.something I think.
Is this an older card? Not necessarily too old, but if it is not the newest generation of wireless devices, you might need to be using one of the other intel wireless modules... not sure though.
I have seen reports of many poeple having issues with iwlwifi, but I have had nothing but awesomeness with it. It would seem that for most others it works quite well, but certainly not for everyone.
According to this it is supported by iwlwifi.
Forgot to mention another thing is that a webpage might be not loading, but if I open a new tab and go to a different site they both load instantly. I can't determine if this is a coincidence or not because sometime it does not happen.
Last edited by killsto (2013-05-11 19:29:51)
You know that because of the nss-myhostname addition to systemd, there is no need to have your hosts file edited. So you should try going back to the stock /etc/hosts file.
I actually just added that recently. It seemed to be worse before, but that may be just in my head.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that that probably would not fix the issue. But it might prevent problems down the road.