You are not logged in.

#2501 2014-04-11 10:55:23

Deleh
Member
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

Offline

#2502 2014-04-11 11:11:58

jord
Member
Registered: 2013-12-12
Posts: 13

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Deleh wrote:

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

real nice background, do you have a link to it?


_

Offline

#2503 2014-04-14 18:11:53

Deleh
Member
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jord wrote:
Deleh wrote:

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

real nice background, do you have a link to it?

http://static.flavors.me/dynamic_images … 20636750c4

I didn't find it anywhere else and I don't know under which License it is. I think I got it a few months ago from http://www.wallbase.cc wink

Greetings,
Deleh

Offline

#2504 2014-04-22 13:33:00

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 101

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Is that a graphic web terminal I see in some screenshots? What's it called??

Offline

#2505 2014-04-22 16:31:14

orschiro
Member
Registered: 2009-06-04
Posts: 2,136
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

What do you mean by graphic web terminal?

Offline

#2506 2014-04-22 22:50:49

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 101

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

exitee wrote:

thanks! i installed it but i want to keep firefox on my computer, how can i make it something "minimal"?

anyway, here's my (really basic) configuration, based rent0n86
http://i.imgur.com/U0J0n3J.png

Like this...

Offline

#2507 2014-04-22 23:00:45

Leios
Member
From: Okinawa, JP
Registered: 2012-03-16
Posts: 70
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jpjenkins wrote:
exitee wrote:

thanks! i installed it but i want to keep firefox on my computer, how can i make it something "minimal"?

anyway, here's my (really basic) configuration, based rent0n86
http://i.imgur.com/U0J0n3J.png

Like this...

That's actually a web browser called dwb. It's pretty slick.

Offline

#2508 2014-04-23 00:06:49

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 101

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Oh it is slick isn't it, cheers man

Offline

#2509 2014-04-28 01:33:33

papaðiimitríu
Member
Registered: 2014-02-18
Posts: 2

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

That is mine. I installed Arch yesterday. Probably I'll make some more changes but it's ok for me.

s9H0l5ls.png

ZyHRkkfs.png

apps running: thunar, terminator, geany, chromium

nitrogen handles the background

I use tint2 in it's default state
themes: I use onyx-citrus,  mint-X, gnome-icon-theme

autostart:

## autostart file ##


nitrogen --restore &

tint2 &

thunar --daemon &

compton -bc &

fbxkb &

xfce4-notifyd &

~/.config/terminator

[global_config]
  geometry_hinting = False
  enabled_plugins = CustomCommandsMenu, LaunchpadCodeURLHandler, APTURLHandler, LaunchpadBugURLHandler
  title_transmit_bg_color = "#525252"
  title_inactive_fg_color = "#ffffff"
  title_inactive_bg_color = "#6d6d6d"
[keybindings]
[profiles]
  [[default]]
    scrollbar_position = hidden
    palette = "#000000:#aa0000:#00aa00:#aa5500:#0000aa:#aa00aa:#00aaaa:#aaaaaa:#555555:#ff5555:#55ff55:#ffff55:#5555ff:#ff55ff:#55ffff:#ffffff"
    background_image = None
    background_darkness = 0.36
    background_type = transparent
    use_system_font = False
    foreground_color = "#ffffe5"
    icon_bell = False
    show_titlebar = False
    font = Ubuntu Mono 11
    background_color = "#848276"
    scrollback_infinite = True
[layouts]
  [[default]]
    [[[child1]]]
      type = Terminal
      parent = window0
      profile = default
    [[[window0]]]
      type = Window
      parent = ""
[plugins]

Last edited by papaðiimitríu (2014-04-28 01:55:32)

Offline

#2510 2014-05-03 03:04:51

dgz
Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 98

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

NBriPnps.jpg

urxvt, tint2, conky, compton, mocp, viewnior

Last edited by dgz (2014-05-03 03:07:27)

Offline

#2511 2014-05-05 23:41:15

Name Taken
Banned
Registered: 2014-04-09
Posts: 113

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Very simple Openbox setup on a single core Atom netbook.

a4ydjr.jpg

Offline

#2512 2014-05-21 17:35:34

aiwas
Member
Registered: 2014-05-21
Posts: 4

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

tis is mine wit some config




-- mod edit: read the rules and only post thumbnails https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=61754  [jwr] --

Offline

#2513 2014-05-22 20:20:33

sexyzero
Member
Registered: 2010-09-12
Posts: 55

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

T7JLo2Qs.png


~find something interesting to do while you are alive~
(My number of posts = the 10th Fibonacci number)

Offline

#2514 2014-06-05 13:18:31

kelloco2
Member
Registered: 2012-02-13
Posts: 121

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

thumbnail2k94.png thumbnailsc.png


sorry for my english. {Arch Linux, Debian} User

Offline

#2515 2014-06-06 21:37:04

itazchu
Member
Registered: 2014-06-06
Posts: 1

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

could you share conkyrc and tintrc? and what openbox theme is it?

thanks in advance

Offline

#2516 2014-06-07 11:09:53

kelloco2
Member
Registered: 2012-02-13
Posts: 121

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

itazchu wrote:

could you share conkyrc and tintrc? and what openbox theme is it?


https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155488877/tint2rc
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155488877/.conkyrc

smile

it's my theme
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155 … est.tar.gz

(combination of several themes )

Last edited by kelloco2 (2014-06-07 11:22:26)


sorry for my english. {Arch Linux, Debian} User

Offline

#2517 2014-06-07 15:33:27

MickeyRat
Member
Registered: 2011-11-15
Posts: 93

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

I don't think mine's anything special and the conky still needs some work but, here's what I have so far.

http://postimg.org/image/rnfm2u3of

Last edited by MickeyRat (2014-06-07 15:37:06)


Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
- Oscar Wilde

Offline

#2518 2014-06-07 15:39:37

orschiro
Member
Registered: 2009-06-04
Posts: 2,136
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

My beloved Openbox system. smile

Certainly not the prettiest but perfectly adapted to my workflow.

SxERv6Ys.png

Last edited by orschiro (2014-06-11 10:30:07)

Offline

#2519 2014-06-17 15:07:14

Reventlov
Banned
Registered: 2012-08-04
Posts: 12

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Moderator edit: The author of this post has petulantly deleted all of their precious posts, inadvertently improving the signal to noise ratio of this thread.
User has been permanently banned.

Last edited by ewaller (2018-01-04 16:51:59)

Offline

#2520 2014-06-18 12:49:02

sexyzero
Member
Registered: 2010-09-12
Posts: 55

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

ZabUAPLs.png


~find something interesting to do while you are alive~
(My number of posts = the 10th Fibonacci number)

Offline

#2521 2014-06-23 14:51:45

LoveDis
Member
Registered: 2014-06-22
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

qLrPqyZ_3uQc.png
Trying openbox for first time, it's installed along with kde.

Offline

#2522 2014-06-24 11:14:27

LoveDis
Member
Registered: 2014-06-22
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

BMyG5xvtpWVG.png
I've was poisoned by the OB passion, the feeling is kinda DIY. The icon theme is flattr not gnome.

Last edited by LoveDis (2014-06-24 11:15:02)

Offline

#2523 2014-07-03 16:47:07

Kopkins
Member
Registered: 2012-07-01
Posts: 189

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Openbox with tint2, lxterminal, conky, dmenu, redshift

http://imgur.com/ZNc09Cv

Last edited by Kopkins (2014-07-04 02:04:29)

Offline

#2524 2014-07-18 02:53:51

dgz
Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 98

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jH1AqC8j.jpg ps7XBnzM.jpg

openbox with conky, tmux, xfce4-panel, tint2, moc, thunar

Offline

#2525 2014-07-18 04:00:29

sandm4n
Member
From: The Accumulator
Registered: 2014-01-17
Posts: 4
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Openbox with conky, tint2, cairo-dock and embedded urxvt terminals.

GTK 2 Theme - Slightly Modded Turquoise Nights II
GTK 3 Theme - Ceti [Dark preferred in gtkrc]
Icons - Faenza

t7yE4cdd.jpg XyGbmomE.jpg wtY8UjyF.jpg

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB