You are not logged in.

#2501 2014-04-11 10:55:23

Deleh
Member
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

Offline

#2502 2014-04-11 11:11:58

jord
Member
Registered: 2013-12-12
Posts: 13

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Deleh wrote:

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

real nice background, do you have a link to it?


_

Offline

#2503 2014-04-14 18:11:53

Deleh
Member
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jord wrote:
Deleh wrote:

Screenshot: http://fav.me/d7dzpim

Openbox with tint2 panel, Conky, urxvt-terminal and archive-manager on two screens.
Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_grey

Conky config:

background yes

use_xft yes
xftfont sans:size=1

update_interval 0.1

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
own_window_transparent no
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_colour 121212
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 153

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 1361 24
maximum_width 1361

draw_shades no 
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
border_width 0

default_color white
default_border_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color white

alignment bottom_left

gap_x 0
gap_y 0

no_buffers yes

cpu_avg_samples 2

net_avg_samples 2

override_utf8_locale yes

valign center

TEXT





${font sans:size=7}${alignc}${color 8d8d8d}Kernel: ${color white}$kernel  |  ${color 8d8d8d}CPU: ${color white}${execi 5 sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-3}°C $cpu% ${cpubar 3, 200}   |  ${color 8d8d8d}GPU: ${color white}${nvidia temp}°C ${nvidia gpufreq}Mhz  |  ${color 8d8d8d}RAM: ${color white}$memperc% $mem/$memmax ${membar 3, 200}

Hope you like it smile
Greetings, Deleh

real nice background, do you have a link to it?

http://static.flavors.me/dynamic_images … 20636750c4

I didn't find it anywhere else and I don't know under which License it is. I think I got it a few months ago from http://www.wallbase.cc wink

Greetings,
Deleh

Offline

#2504 2014-04-22 13:33:00

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 81

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Is that a graphic web terminal I see in some screenshots? What's it called??

Offline

#2505 2014-04-22 16:31:14

orschiro
Member
Registered: 2009-06-04
Posts: 2,136
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

What do you mean by graphic web terminal?

Offline

#2506 2014-04-22 22:50:49

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 81

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

exitee wrote:

thanks! i installed it but i want to keep firefox on my computer, how can i make it something "minimal"?

anyway, here's my (really basic) configuration, based rent0n86
http://i.imgur.com/U0J0n3J.png

Like this...

Offline

#2507 2014-04-22 23:00:45

Leios
Member
From: Okinawa, JP
Registered: 2012-03-16
Posts: 68
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jpjenkins wrote:
exitee wrote:

thanks! i installed it but i want to keep firefox on my computer, how can i make it something "minimal"?

anyway, here's my (really basic) configuration, based rent0n86
http://i.imgur.com/U0J0n3J.png

Like this...

That's actually a web browser called dwb. It's pretty slick.

Offline

#2508 2014-04-23 00:06:49

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 81

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Oh it is slick isn't it, cheers man

Offline

#2509 2014-04-28 01:33:33

papaðiimitríu
Member
Registered: 2014-02-18
Posts: 2

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

That is mine. I installed Arch yesterday. Probably I'll make some more changes but it's ok for me.

s9H0l5ls.png

ZyHRkkfs.png

apps running: thunar, terminator, geany, chromium

nitrogen handles the background

I use tint2 in it's default state
themes: I use onyx-citrus,  mint-X, gnome-icon-theme

autostart:

## autostart file ##


nitrogen --restore &

tint2 &

thunar --daemon &

compton -bc &

fbxkb &

xfce4-notifyd &

~/.config/terminator

[global_config]
  geometry_hinting = False
  enabled_plugins = CustomCommandsMenu, LaunchpadCodeURLHandler, APTURLHandler, LaunchpadBugURLHandler
  title_transmit_bg_color = "#525252"
  title_inactive_fg_color = "#ffffff"
  title_inactive_bg_color = "#6d6d6d"
[keybindings]
[profiles]
  [[default]]
    scrollbar_position = hidden
    palette = "#000000:#aa0000:#00aa00:#aa5500:#0000aa:#aa00aa:#00aaaa:#aaaaaa:#555555:#ff5555:#55ff55:#ffff55:#5555ff:#ff55ff:#55ffff:#ffffff"
    background_image = None
    background_darkness = 0.36
    background_type = transparent
    use_system_font = False
    foreground_color = "#ffffe5"
    icon_bell = False
    show_titlebar = False
    font = Ubuntu Mono 11
    background_color = "#848276"
    scrollback_infinite = True
[layouts]
  [[default]]
    [[[child1]]]
      type = Terminal
      parent = window0
      profile = default
    [[[window0]]]
      type = Window
      parent = ""
[plugins]

Last edited by papaðiimitríu (2014-04-28 01:55:32)

Offline

#2510 2014-05-03 03:04:51

dgz
Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 98

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

NBriPnps.jpg

urxvt, tint2, conky, compton, mocp, viewnior

Last edited by dgz (2014-05-03 03:07:27)

Offline

#2511 2014-05-05 23:41:15

Name Taken
Banned
Registered: 2014-04-09
Posts: 113

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Very simple Openbox setup on a single core Atom netbook.

a4ydjr.jpg

Offline

#2512 2014-05-21 17:35:34

aiwas
Member
Registered: 2014-05-21
Posts: 4

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

tis is mine wit some config




-- mod edit: read the rules and only post thumbnails https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=61754  [jwr] --

Offline

#2513 2014-05-22 20:20:33

sexyzero
Member
Registered: 2010-09-12
Posts: 55

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

T7JLo2Qs.png


~find something interesting to do while you are alive~
(My number of posts = the 10th Fibonacci number)

Offline

#2514 2014-06-05 13:18:31

kelloco2
Member
Registered: 2012-02-13
Posts: 121

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

thumbnail2k94.png thumbnailsc.png


sorry for my english. {Arch Linux, Debian} User

Offline

#2515 2014-06-06 21:37:04

itazchu
Member
Registered: 2014-06-06
Posts: 1

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

could you share conkyrc and tintrc? and what openbox theme is it?

thanks in advance

Offline

#2516 2014-06-07 11:09:53

kelloco2
Member
Registered: 2012-02-13
Posts: 121

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

itazchu wrote:

could you share conkyrc and tintrc? and what openbox theme is it?


https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155488877/tint2rc
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155488877/.conkyrc

smile

it's my theme
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155 … est.tar.gz

(combination of several themes )

Last edited by kelloco2 (2014-06-07 11:22:26)


sorry for my english. {Arch Linux, Debian} User

Offline

#2517 2014-06-07 15:33:27

MickeyRat
Member
Registered: 2011-11-15
Posts: 82

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

I don't think mine's anything special and the conky still needs some work but, here's what I have so far.

http://postimg.org/image/rnfm2u3of

Last edited by MickeyRat (2014-06-07 15:37:06)


Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
- Oscar Wilde

Offline

#2518 2014-06-07 15:39:37

orschiro
Member
Registered: 2009-06-04
Posts: 2,136
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

My beloved Openbox system. smile

Certainly not the prettiest but perfectly adapted to my workflow.

SxERv6Ys.png

Last edited by orschiro (2014-06-11 10:30:07)

Offline

#2519 2014-06-17 15:07:14

Reventlov
Member
Registered: 2012-08-04
Posts: 10
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Tint2/Openbox with a modified moka theme, and conky for the battery and the date.

wigqaq.png

Offline

#2520 2014-06-18 12:49:02

sexyzero
Member
Registered: 2010-09-12
Posts: 55

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

ZabUAPLs.png


~find something interesting to do while you are alive~
(My number of posts = the 10th Fibonacci number)

Offline

#2521 2014-06-23 14:51:45

LoveDis
Member
Registered: 2014-06-22
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

qLrPqyZ_3uQc.png
Trying openbox for first time, it's installed along with kde.

Offline

#2522 2014-06-24 11:14:27

LoveDis
Member
Registered: 2014-06-22
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

BMyG5xvtpWVG.png
I've was poisoned by the OB passion, the feeling is kinda DIY. The icon theme is flattr not gnome.

Last edited by LoveDis (2014-06-24 11:15:02)

Offline

#2523 2014-07-03 16:47:07

Kopkins
Member
Registered: 2012-07-01
Posts: 189

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Openbox with tint2, lxterminal, conky, dmenu, redshift

http://imgur.com/ZNc09Cv

Last edited by Kopkins (2014-07-04 02:04:29)

Offline

#2524 2014-07-18 02:53:51

dgz
Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 98

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

jH1AqC8j.jpg ps7XBnzM.jpg

openbox with conky, tmux, xfce4-panel, tint2, moc, thunar

Offline

#2525 2014-07-18 04:00:29

sandm4n
Member
From: The Accumulator
Registered: 2014-01-17
Posts: 4
Website

Re: Share your Openbox Desktop ! :)

Openbox with conky, tint2, cairo-dock and embedded urxvt terminals.

GTK 2 Theme - Slightly Modded Turquoise Nights II
GTK 3 Theme - Ceti [Dark preferred in gtkrc]
Icons - Faenza

t7yE4cdd.jpg XyGbmomE.jpg wtY8UjyF.jpg

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB