You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-29 14:57:05

murkus

Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

It's been few upgrades since I last tried bt-connection. Now it doesn't work anymore. I get following error when trying to run gnome-obex-server:

#  gnome-obex-server

(gnome-obex-server:11255): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

** (gnome-obex-server:11255): WARNING **: OBEX server register error: -1

** (gnome-obex-server:11255): WARNING **: Unable to initialize OBEX source

** (gnome-obex-server:11255): WARNING **: Couldn't initialise OBEX listener

Fixing something like this is where I'm not good at, could anybody help me with this?

greets,
murkus

#2 2006-07-29 16:20:30

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

Bluetooth has been down for a few weeks since last major upgrade did not know if its an Arch bug ....

Tomk where are you man?

hcitool scan
Device is not available: No such device

:cry:

Mr Green

#3 2006-07-30 01:46:25

Cam
Website

hciconfig hci0 up

The HCI interface has just been defaulting to down since 3.0 when it used to automagically be brought up. All is working fine here.

#4 2006-07-30 06:34:37

murkus

# /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start
Starting Bluetooth subsystem: hcid sdpd hidd hid2hci rfcomm.
# hciconfig hci0 up

# hcitool cc 00:17:4B:17:07:54

# gnome-obex-server

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manage r:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified  are supported and host-based authentication failed.

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assert ion `src != NULL' failed

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G _IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: asser tion `error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assert ion `src != NULL' failed

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G _IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(gnome-obex-server:3662): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: asser tion `error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

# 

It doesn't work here, but it used to. I've made no changes..

.murkus

#5 2006-07-30 07:56:01

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Cam wrote:
hciconfig hci0 up

The HCI interface has just been defaulting to down since 3.0 when it used to automagically be brought up. All is working fine here.

YAY! ..... only I have to run that as root so I guess add it to rc.local?

Should /etc/rc.d/bluetooth be changed ????? to add that ?

Mr Green

#6 2006-07-31 11:34:59

murkus

I was trying to remake the gnome-bluetooth package with makepkg. I can't get the package to compile. I'm getting the error:

checking for openobex-config... no
configure: error: openobex-config not found. Pehaps openobex is not installed.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

The thing is that there's no openobex-config even though I've got openobex installed. How can I get this to work?

#7 2006-07-31 11:44:05

brain0
Developer

Search the forums please: hcid doesn't work anymore unless dbus has started before it. To solve this, you have to start "dbus" before "bluetooth" in rc.conf.

@MrGreen, Cam: Please would you search the forum, too, before giving a wrong answer to a question. The hci interface is still brought up automatically like it used to be, hcid just has to be running.

#8 2006-07-31 11:51:39

murkus

brain0 wrote:

Search the forums please: hcid doesn't work anymore unless dbus has started before it. To solve this, you have to start "dbus" before "bluetooth" in rc.conf.

@MrGreen, Cam: Please would you search the forum, too, before giving a wrong answer to a question. The hci interface is still brought up automatically like it used to be, hcid just has to be running.

Thanks!

I'm going to try that. I wasn't having dbus at all in my rc.conf and I was  starting bluetooth manually after boot. Let's hope your solution works for me.

.murkus

#9 2006-07-31 12:07:43

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

brain0 wrote:

:oops: Excuse me

/me not use dbus hal autofs

Mr Green

#10 2006-07-31 12:08:21

brain0
Developer

Board footer