You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-05 09:42:35

maboleth
Member
Registered: 2020-01-03
Posts: 237

[S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03
јан 05 09:51:14 ivan-linux kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:26:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x5f2f03

I had this kind of error in journal in all Linuxes I tried on this mboard. I have Realtek sound chip and Nvidia GPU (I use realtek for sound). Sound is working ok, no problems.

Last edited by maboleth (2020-01-06 10:24:12)

Offline

#2 2020-01-05 12:18:04

xerxes_
Member
Registered: 2018-04-29
Posts: 1,073

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

Offline

#3 2020-01-05 15:04:16

maboleth
Member
Registered: 2020-01-03
Posts: 237

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

Oh well, so to leave it as is? That post is from 2012, while this is not technically a bug, someone would think they fixed it from appearing.

Last edited by maboleth (2020-01-05 15:06:26)

Offline

#4 2020-01-05 16:54:32

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

There's a solution here.

Offline

#5 2020-01-05 21:59:37

maboleth
Member
Registered: 2020-01-03
Posts: 237

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

d_fajardo wrote:

There's a solution here.

options snd_hda_intel probe_only=0,1

That option in modprobe.d makes my sound totally off.

However, when I put probe_only=1 instead of "0,1", it works.

But what I just did there? I don't want to mess something deeper than just having trivial error messages in the journal.

Last edited by maboleth (2020-01-05 21:59:58)

Offline

#6 2020-01-06 01:43:26

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

You disable loading of the HDMI codec for the hdmi card. Read, you won't get HDMI audio but also hide the warning.

Offline

#7 2020-01-06 10:23:27

maboleth
Member
Registered: 2020-01-03
Posts: 237

Re: [S] What is this error in journal and how to fix it? (snd_hda_intel)?

^ Alright, thanks, I'm not using it anyway, it's reserved for Nintendo Switch. :-)

I was confused because both Nvidia (hdmi) and Realtek used the same driver snd_hda_intel, so I wondered how it knew which of these to turn off.

Last edited by maboleth (2020-01-06 10:25:35)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB