You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi There,
After successfully install nvidia driver,
I cannot make it work.
I tried to run
nvidia-settingsand it said
"You do not appear to be using NVidia X Driver. Please edit your X configuration file ... "
But when I add xorg.conf with
sudo nvidia-xconfig I cannot enter my account on login.
I'm using GNOME + GDM CMIIW.
What's wrong ?
Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-29 15:56:24)
Offline
You don't want to use nvidia-xconfig to generate a config, it will be garbage.
Offline
Going from your other thread you have an Optimus system and will want to evaluate your options in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA_Optimus
If your intention is indeed to make the nvidia card the primary output you should follow https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NV … phics_only check the file you have to create and pay attention to the relevant display manager section.
Offline
I read it before.
Did some changes.
And It didn't worked.
So I think asking forum will ease the way ;p.
I will try again Sir,
seems last changes failed because nvidia driver is wrong.
My intention is to use PRIME render offload.
Thank you Sir.
I'll mark SOLVED if it works.
Going from your other thread you have an Optimus system and will want to evaluate your options in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA_Optimus
If your intention is indeed to make the nvidia card the primary output you should follow https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NV … phics_only check the file you have to create and pay attention to the relevant display manager section.
Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-21 10:59:23)
Offline
For Sure ?
Do you have suggestion ?
Especially to track the error.
(Like dmesg)
You don't want to use nvidia-xconfig to generate a config, it will be garbage.
Offline
You can't use PRIME Render offload (as in dynamically during runtime only render single specific applications on nvidia), it's only been introduced in 435 or so. Use the section i linked to verify basic functionality, if that works you can remove those changes and opt for optimus-manager or nvidia-xrun or so.
As for nvidia-xconfig, it does have a -prime option that might do something useful. But it generally generates so much unnecessary additional cruft that it's much simpler to simply create that config file yourself as linked in the Optimus article
Last edited by V1del (2020-01-21 11:09:42)
Offline
If I run
$ prime-run glxinfowill produce
name of display: :0
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 39
Current serial number in output stream: 40
Offline
As expected, read my post.
Offline
Ok. I got it.
Will try.
Thanks.
You can't use PRIME Render offload (as in dynamically during runtime only render single specific applications on nvidia), it's only been introduced in 435 or so. Use the section i linked to verify basic functionality, if that works you can remove those changes and opt for optimus-manager or nvidia-xrun or so.
As for nvidia-xconfig, it does have a -prime option that might do something useful. But it generally generates so much unnecessary additional cruft that it's much simpler to simply create that config file yourself as linked in the Optimus article
Offline
It works.
But system seems going slow.
I'm using optimus-manager
Offline
Pages: 1