You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-28 21:43:33

aarnar

keyboard issue ,random keys repeating indefinitely

This problem is really annoying .i just upgraded my arch linux and after upgrade some keystrokes were not printing while some were.
I then checked my dmesg and it was saying

atkbd.c: spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0 some programs might trying to access hardware directly 

then i tried to reboot the system to see if it could fix it but nothing happened.
i used to login from tty and because of this i was not even able to log in to my system.
i then booted into my windows to search for this and i found a couple of post related to this issue but
no one had found any exact solution to this issue and the archwiki has also nothing related to this.
i booted into arch again and the issue disappeard, keyboard was just working fine.
on another day the issue appeared again due to which i was not able to log in.
i also had encountered this issue in the past and i think this issue really needs to be solved.
link to the other related posts
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=53355
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=128956
please help !! and sorry for bad english.

Last edited by aarnar (2020-08-15 09:53:10)

#2 2020-08-13 20:02:39

aarnar

Re: keyboard issue ,random keys repeating indefinitely

Hi guys , here is an update today again my keyboard keys started repeating indefinitely and some keys were not working.
i then somehow checked my dmesg and the same previous message was there

atkbd.c: spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0 some programs might trying to access hardware directly  

i then reloaded the module to see if it could fix the issue using

rmmod -r ; modprobe atkbd reset=1 

and the keyboard died completely.
I forced shutdown and rebooted and yes the issue was still there.
what do you guys think about this issue ?
Is it a keyboard driver issue or a kernel issue ?
i can confirm it's not a hardware issue because the keyboard works fine in windows boot.
And also please let me know where else should i check to get more info about this issue.

Thank you.

Last edited by aarnar (2020-08-15 10:27:59)

Board footer