You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-15 22:08:48

Noob

error:1408F10B when conecting to wifi

I live in a student residence where the wifi is manages by an internal group, so it has some especial requirements to connect to it. When I try to connect to the wifi the connection is rejected. It says: "Authentication required. Is it needed password or encryption keys to access to the network".

The settings are the following:

Wi-Fi Security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise

Autentication: Tunneled TLS

CA certificate is required

Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2

Username: my_username

Password: my_password

This problem only happens with this wifi, I have connected to the eduroam of the university and the wifi of my mobile and no problem.

I asked one of the administrators and he told me that the problem is: Login incorrect (error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number)

I have tried to fix it but after 2 days I don't know what else should I try.

Last edited by Noob (2024-02-16 01:44:46)

#2 2024-02-16 08:25:51

seth

Re: error:1408F10B when conecting to wifi

It says: "Authentication required. Is it needed password or encryption keys to access to the network".

I'm pretty sure that it uses proper English.
Please don't paraphrase, https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855

one of the administrators … told me that the problem is: Login incorrect (error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number)

The error most likely means that you're trying to use ssl/tls on a server that doesn't support it (but plain http) and I guess that's not the problem…

The settings are the following:

The settings of *what*?

CA certificate is required

And do you provide one?

Please post your complete system journal for a boot where you tried to connec to that network:

sudo journalctl -b | curl -F 'file=@-' 0x0.st

for the current one.

Board footer