You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-16 02:16:37

onami

qmail please

I installed qmail-installer, then I installed qmail, as the qmail installer asker, then qmailadmin.

started qmail daemon from rc.d but i still can't connect to it with telnet on port 25 or on 110.

help please

my /etc/tcp.smtp contains only
:allow

Forever newbie !!!

#2 2005-01-16 05:49:07

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: qmail please

i don't know if qmail supports tcpwrappers, but it probably does since djb is such a hardass (*note: this is a sidehanded compliment wink *).
Try adding

smtp:ALL

or smtpd dunno which one...
to your /etc/hosts.allow file.
And, make sure you are not blocking the port via firewalling (iptables).
And, I am not familiar with qmail..I don't know if it includes an pop or apop server along with the smtp daemon..but if not, then likely that is why port 110 isn't working.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-01-16 19:51:40

onami

stil doesn't work
:cry:

Forever newbie !!!

#4 2005-01-20 03:12:16

darkcoder

I haven't used the Arch approach, can't find the link now but I remember it was incomplete and people on the forums suggested to look at http://www.lifewithqmail.org and double check the steps to finish the install process.

My recommendation, drop all that qmail Arch crap and go with the steps of qmailrocks.com. They do not include steps for Arch, but I was able to install it on Gentoo using normally the RedHat ones.  And they include steps to configure virtual domains, web GUI, daily reports, etc, etc, etc. And for updates, qmail usually do not upgrade so do not have to worry.

#5 2005-02-14 06:47:19

miki

This is a modified installer that works nice.

Board footer