You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-13 05:09:03

triplesquarednine

New GTK3 theme - "TripleNine" (huge revision + new link)

Hi everyone,

the last 2 days i have been working on a New gtk3 theme. It is based on Atolm-gtk3, but has been drastically modified to the point of bearing little to no resemblance to the original theme. If you saw my ugly 1st hack at theming in gtk3, believe me, this version is 10x better....!   It is ideal for people who love dark desktops.  I've added some nice details, and also trimmed/streamlined the theme.
I got rid of the ugly blue toolbar, and went for something a little less dramatic...take a look smile

here's a screenshot;

triple9.th.png

EDIT: HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK;

http://www.easy-share.com/1916086394/Tr … tk3.tar.gz

there are some big differences between the screenshot and my current theme, but i am at work - and can't post a new screenshot, yet. but i will later...

the toolbar better matches the theme. some widgets have been changed around to better suit my tastes. there is no black backgrounds. Most text is off-white, to match a dark theme. text in menu's is fixed...but i still have some tuning to do.

There is still a couple of issues, mainly a few web colors need to be fixed (it's text in certain forums/when posting is almost white - i  will fix this, when i have time to dig through and figure out which color is which) but that shouldn't be hard to fix...and to speak quite frankly, i have been to busy lately to finish up and weed at the last few issues, but feel free to adjust the theme, and post a link... that would be helpful wink 

there is also one other inconsistency, in that i currently am using a modified version of metabox for my window border. (it matches the theme better) - i'll probably post my current theme (when all issues are remedied in the gtk-widgets.css) both here and on gnome-look.

I'm really starting to get some nice results, especially out of how nautilus looks. there are still a few minor issues (that you may not even notice). But all apps tested (that i use) look really good... So, when i get some more time, i will fix any issues, and also add some more detail. right now there are some nice little details that i have added, in particular - i really like the scrollbars, as they are somewhat animated, and fit to take up as little space as possible.  currently, i have only 1 pixel on the sides of the window decoration, but if you require more for resizing windows, this can easily be changed in the theme (i don't need more, because i can resize without grabbing the edges).

Here's a link to Arch-user - MrMars' original theme, from which i used to create this theme;

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=118403

and his deviantart page;

http://thedeviantmars.deviantart.com/ar … -206663190

EDIT: this theme is actually much different than Atolm-gtk3 now, i've changed around things in the CSS.

jordan

Last edited by triplesquarednine (2011-06-15 18:00:21)

#2 2011-05-13 06:45:15

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: New GTK3 theme - "TripleNine" (huge revision + new link)

Haven't taken a look, but I'd assume your theme comes with a matching gtk2 theme?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-05-13 15:36:58

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

nice. I like it. I will try it out tonight

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#4 2011-05-13 17:06:25

triplesquarednine

Inxsible wrote:

If you wait until waaayy later tonight, i should have a couple of things corrected in the theme.

#5 2011-05-13 17:06:59

Unia
Website

ngoonee wrote:

Haven't taken a look, but I'd assume your theme comes with a matching gtk2 theme?

Yes, it comes with the Atolm GTK2 theme.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#6 2011-05-14 07:22:59

triplesquarednine

Inxsible wrote:

updating it right now, and i will post the updated link in my original post.

#7 2011-05-14 11:34:38

triplesquarednine

ngoonee wrote:

As statedby Udia, it does come with a gtk2 theme - i have just started to modify it, to match my new theme.  but even "as-is", the gtk2 theme works nicely with my theme (the color is similar, but the big difference is in the menubar and some of the gtk-widgets, that naturally will look different than GTK3 styles).

Take a look at my revision, it's much nicer than what i originally posted.

Last edited by triplesquarednine (2011-05-14 15:07:03)

#8 2011-05-19 15:02:47

stqn
Website

I think you forgot to include a download link...? smile

(However I'm currently happy with Xfce-dusk-gtk3 or Atolm-gtk3; I don't even have any Gtk3 app at the moment... besides Gnome Disk Utility.)

#9 2011-06-10 04:21:48

grvrulz
Website

why do u have a border around the menubar??

If u're happy and u know it, think again.. tongue
Check out my dA gallery
Gnome3 themes
Wallpapers

#10 2011-06-10 09:21:58

Larsson

The blueish background in the row above the content area (the one with back, forward, home etc) doesn't fit the theme at all. I think it's something most of the gtk3 themes I've seen can do without. Make it the same black color as the other parts of the theme and it would look realy nice!

But all in all it's a realy nice theme, thanks for sharing!  smile

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." - A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

#11 2011-06-14 07:23:28

triplesquarednine

Larsson wrote:

The blueish background in the row above the content area (the one with back, forward, home etc) doesn't fit the theme at all. I think it's something most of the gtk3 themes I've seen can do without. Make it the same black color as the other parts of the theme and it would look realy nice!

But all in all it's a realy nice theme, thanks for sharing!  smile

yes, you are correct. (and my current theme, not the one pictured - matches far nicer!).

I will probably upload it tomorrow. I have been a little busy over the last while and have been neglecting pretty much everything except for work.  I  think i also have one or 2 fixes to do as well. after that, i will probably upload my 2 versions of this theme to gnome-look.

I have one variation that is metabox-ish, and then also one that is similar to the one pictured, but more balanced colors/shades.

cheerz

#12 2011-06-14 07:24:21

triplesquarednine

grvrulz wrote:

why do u have a border around the menubar??

because i can. because i have never seen a theme with one....and because i like it. wink

#13 2011-06-14 07:29:03

triplesquarednine

stqn wrote:

(However I'm currently happy with Xfce-dusk-gtk3 or Atolm-gtk3; I don't even have any Gtk3 app at the moment... besides Gnome Disk Utility.)

I think i deleted it by accident, when i was editing my post. I think tomorrow i will upload a new version as this theme has evolved and changed a little.... - this also happens to be the first time i have been in the forums in a while (i've been too busy at work, sorry for the late reply)..

...ya, i only have maybe a dozen gtk3 apps. hopefully more will come along soon. if you haven't already take a look at "gtk-demo" - you can type that from the command line. you can have a look at the various widgets, effects, etc. (the reflection one is pretty cool)

I also hear gtk3.2 will have drop shadows for icons, and other widgets. - which should be awesome!

cheerz

#14 2011-06-15 18:02:14

triplesquarednine

stqn wrote:

there is a link to it now, i will post new screenshots when i get home later tonight!

Board footer