You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-22 10:33:15

Cheeeesetoo

Access problem from internet

Hello,
Since 1 week I have a "strange" problem and I unable to solve it without some help.
I got a PC with 2 webserver running apache and getty, normally I access it from internet. my router is configured for, it was working fine since last week.
There is what I tried.
- Reset and reconfigue router.
- Switch network configuration from rc.d network to netcfg, without changes.
- I install wamp on a other windows, change router config, and it's working.
So I suspect the computer
If I use w3c validator I have an error 500 read timeout but on apache log there is
128.30.52.65 - - [22/Jun/2011:12:28:58 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 21779 "-" "W3C_Validator/1.2"

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 2011-06-27 11:44:43

Cheeeesetoo

Re: Access problem from internet

Back with more tests.
I install apache and subsonic on another Arch desktop PC with same hardware, and the problem is the same.
Then I tried to install apache and subsonic on a Windows7 computer and it working perfectly from outside....

If you have any idea.

#3 2011-06-27 14:30:32

lifeafter2am

Cheeeesetoo wrote:

Back with more tests.
I install apache and subsonic on another Arch desktop PC with same hardware, and the problem is the same.
Then I tried to install apache and subsonic on a Windows7 computer and it working perfectly from outside....

If you have any idea.

Did you modify the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files?

#binarii @ irc.binarii.net
Matrix Server: https://matrix.binarii.net
-------------
Allan -> ArchBang is not supported because it is stupid.

#4 2011-06-29 15:20:51

mpgnetz

Hello,

Proably going to get flamed for posting in two places, but I wish I saw this thread as I am having similar issues and hope you kind folks can assist. I am running subsonic on arch using port 4040. I have altered my hosts.allow to ALL: ALL and my hosts.deny is empty. Internally I am able to access the server from other machines with no issues. Externally when I configure the port forward rule target ip 4040 it works for 10 min then suddenly stops.

Internal I am fine, if I reapply the rule I am again for another duration. Then is stops responding. I have had this configured on a Ubuntu and a Windows box and the port fwds work like a charm. What is it on arch that I may possibly be missing. I tried searching but come up empty at this point.

Recently updated change to netcfg based on msg reveiced during daemon start for network.

Thanks in advance.

#5 2011-06-29 15:22:02

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

mpgnetz wrote:

Proably going to get flamed for posting in two places,

..........throws a flame @ mpgnetz !!!

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#6 2011-07-01 10:45:58

Cheeeesetoo

Hello,
I did many tests and dicovered that server on windows 7 or XP didn't had any problem to be accessed but it was not possible to access server on Archlinux or Debian.
So after a big complain to my provider, who was enough stupid to tell me that my problem was comming from my cables or my router. The problem has been solved. I still having some problems to have a good and real explanation about what they did.
Regards.

Board footer