You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-25 15:28:40

geniuz

Very slow wireless internet for netcfg > 2.5.4

Dear all,

Ever since I upgraded my entire system, including netcfg, wifi on my Thinkpad X61 (iwlagn driver) and my local home network had been dead slow. Thing is, on another network I'm not experiencing this problem at all with the latest netcfg version. Neither does it occur for netcfg version 2.5.4 and my local network. The configurations for both tried networks are identical and they are both WPA2 protected. I've looked at this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=119078, which seems to be describing my problem well, but I find the solutions quite vague and the OP eventually resorted to buying a new wireless card (which is virtually impossible for a notebook). Another note is that I'm using the latest version of netcfg without any issues on my wired desktop PC and local home network. So this makes me believe that the problem is isolated to some weird and as of yet unidentified correlation between my wireless interface, the latest netcfg version and my local home network.

For now, I downgraded netcfg to 2.5.4 on my Thinkpad, since this version works without issues everywhere, but I would obviously want to have the latest version eventually. Does anybody have even the slightest clue about what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance...

Last edited by geniuz (2011-08-25 15:29:02)

#2 2011-08-25 15:41:50

Gusar

Re: Very slow wireless internet for netcfg > 2.5.4

Netcfg pretty much just configures wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd. The best way to go at solving this is to manually start wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd first the way netcfg 2.5.4 does, than again the way the latest netcfg does. Look at the differences, figure out which one is causing the problem.

Board footer