You are not logged in.

#26 2004-06-10 12:18:25

bleak
Member
Registered: 2004-05-11
Posts: 24

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

mdirolf wrote:

one more question, do you know any other spot to find that xmms theme because i cant find it at cored.org.  Or am i just missing it?

I think i got it from customize.org but I also couldn't find it now. Anyway you can get it from here:

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/petrucci/Cored-wa2D.tar.gz

Offline

#27 2004-06-10 19:06:01

Zym0tiC
Member
Registered: 2004-01-17
Posts: 40
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

bleak wrote:
mdirolf wrote:

one more question, do you know any other spot to find that xmms theme because i cant find it at cored.org.  Or am i just missing it?

I think i got it from customize.org but I also couldn't find it now. Anyway you can get it from here:

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/petrucci/Cored-wa2D.tar.gz

Damn openbox works realy nice, but I have only 2 questons:

Tpager How do I set up tpager so it wil run on startup. if I put tpager & before exec openbox nothing will happen.

resizing If i want to resize a window I have to go to the top right of a window. I rather prefer that I could resize by grabbing every side of a window border

Offline

#28 2004-06-10 19:55:18

mdirolf
Member
From: Princeton, NJ
Registered: 2004-05-21
Posts: 69

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Thanks a lot for the help bleak... I also couldnt figure out how to get tpager to load on startup because i think it needs the window manager to be open before it will open.

Is there any panal bar type app for openbox that will allow me to see my iconified apps??

Offline

#29 2004-06-10 20:58:30

bleak
Member
Registered: 2004-05-11
Posts: 24

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Zym0tiC wrote:

Damn openbox works realy nice, but I have only 2 questons:

Tpager How do I set up tpager so it wil run on startup. if I put tpager & before exec openbox nothing will happen.

resizing If i want to resize a window I have to go to the top right of a window. I rather prefer that I could resize by grabbing every side of a window border

I also don't know how to start tpager on startup.

I use a combination of Alt+RightClick to resize my windows but openbox is very configurable and you can make it behave the way you want. Take a look at the config files.

mdirolf wrote:

Is there any panal bar type app for openbox that will allow me to see my iconified apps??

Yes. I know fbpanel and pypanel but i'm sure there are more.

Offline

#30 2004-06-11 01:30:28

lanrat
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2003-10-28
Posts: 1,274

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

About starting applications after wm start in xinitrc or xsession: read my last post in skippy thread http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … highlight=

Offline

#31 2004-06-11 06:38:14

Zym0tiC
Member
Registered: 2004-01-17
Posts: 40
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

bleak wrote:
Zym0tiC wrote:

Damn openbox works realy nice, but I have only 2 questons:

Tpager How do I set up tpager so it wil run on startup. if I put tpager & before exec openbox nothing will happen.

resizing If i want to resize a window I have to go to the top right of a window. I rather prefer that I could resize by grabbing every side of a window border

I also don't know how to start tpager on startup.

I use a combination of Alt+RightClick to resize my windows but openbox is very configurable and you can make it behave the way you want. Take a look at the config files.

mdirolf wrote:

Is there any panal bar type app for openbox that will allow me to see my iconified apps??

Yes. I know fbpanel and pypanel but i'm sure there are more.

Gnome-panel will do smile

@bleak: thanx for the alt advice...I will try it when I'm home and will search in the config file

Offline

#32 2004-06-17 12:23:02

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
From: U.K.
Registered: 2003-12-21
Posts: 5,751

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

http://freespace.virgin.net/david.templ … nshot.html

Openbox running Pypanel  tongue

Mr Green


Mr Green

Offline

#33 2004-06-17 14:04:37

famavolat
Member
From: Louisville, KY
Registered: 2003-09-22
Posts: 80
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Mr Green wrote:

Muse<3

Nice shot.  wink

Offline

#34 2004-06-17 16:55:24

xerxes2
Member
From: Malmoe, Sweden
Registered: 2004-04-23
Posts: 1,249
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Mr Green wrote:

nice wallpaper, I didn't know that you got so big hills in UK  big_smile  big_smile


arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

Offline

#35 2004-06-17 18:15:07

deepfreeze
Member
From: NJ
Registered: 2002-12-27
Posts: 86

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Mr Green wrote:

Very nice! When I get home tonight, I'll post *my* Openbox running pypanel screenie...then we can do battle!  lol


My hovercraft is full of eels.

Offline

#36 2004-06-17 19:15:38

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
From: U.K.
Registered: 2003-12-21
Posts: 5,751

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

No big hills where I am.... lol

Thank you xerxes2

deepfreeze I cannot wait smile

Mr Green


Mr Green

Offline

#37 2004-06-17 23:57:08

deepfreeze
Member
From: NJ
Registered: 2002-12-27
Posts: 86

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

As promised, here's my Openbox with pypanel. It's not much, but I have a p3-450 with 96MB of RAM, so it's not too flashy...but it's fast  tongue

Screenie


My hovercraft is full of eels.

Offline

#38 2004-06-18 04:48:16

yowwww
Member
Registered: 2003-09-04
Posts: 112

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Offline

#39 2004-06-18 05:13:24

yarjar
Member
From: Madison, WI
Registered: 2004-05-29
Posts: 37

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Brand new KDE desktop (just switched from GNOME smile)

http://www.generisite.net/desktop/desktop-kde-61804.png

Offline

#40 2004-06-18 14:28:33

dpb
Member
From: Cyperspace?
Registered: 2004-04-11
Posts: 231

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

http://dpb.backarrow.org/screenshot.png

Fluxbox-devel with the Dark and Transparent theme.
GKrellM with the Glass theme.
Added fbpager and pypanel to it today on the top (both with transparency of cource).
I'm really starting to like my desktop now. big_smile

Offline

#41 2004-06-18 15:53:21

o00o
Member
Registered: 2003-11-23
Posts: 18

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Everybody's desktop is very very nice  big_smile
How can i improve myseft (about graphic...) :oops:

Offline

#42 2004-06-18 18:08:52

nhojohn
Member
Registered: 2004-04-15
Posts: 17

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

here is my plain xfce4 shot.

http://cs.wpunj.edu/~purodada/archshot1.jpg

Offline

#43 2004-06-19 01:00:14

shadov
Member
From: Finland
Registered: 2004-02-28
Posts: 40

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots


Application of abstract techniques and utilities to solving a particular business problem is NOT a patentable idea. It is a fundamental concept of the IT industry.

Offline

#44 2004-06-19 01:52:18

punkrockguy318
Member
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2004-02-15
Posts: 707
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

XFCE4, with XMMS, vi in aterm editting my world peace program, gaim, and Millencolin and Warped Tour in the background.screen.gif


If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

Offline

#45 2004-06-19 02:43:42

famavolat
Member
From: Louisville, KY
Registered: 2003-09-22
Posts: 80
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

shadov wrote:

Normally I don't like KDE, but this isn't bad at all.. Nice and evil, how I like it.  :twisted:

Offline

#46 2004-07-04 21:18:20

xerxes2
Member
From: Malmoe, Sweden
Registered: 2004-04-23
Posts: 1,249
Website

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots


arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

Offline

#47 2004-07-05 21:08:34

luigi
Member
Registered: 2004-07-02
Posts: 29

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

shadov wrote:

What's the name of that system monitor?

Offline

#48 2004-07-06 05:20:28

Leigh
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2004-06-25
Posts: 533

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

This is my kde desktop. I made the background with gimp. I had to resize the image.

http://my.opera.com/forums/attachment.p … tid=615576


-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

Offline

#49 2004-07-07 14:25:37

sweiss
Member
Registered: 2004-02-16
Posts: 635

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

shadov wrote:

Great backgroud.

Offline

#50 2004-07-08 08:51:22

rezza
Member
From: Edinburgh, uk
Registered: 2004-07-08
Posts: 234

Re: [CLOSED - SEE MONTHLY STICKIES] Arch Desktop Screenshots

Ratpoison was OK, but it was kinda tricky to make it look good, so I've decided to switch to Ion3 again:

greeny goodness!

Using a theme I made myself along with irssi, mplay, cmatrix, & nethack.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB